Monday, December 6, 2010

for my family

by Alanna



Last night was just one of those times when my heart ached for my family. Talking to some of them on the phone was so wonderful, but also hearing their voices just makes me want to see them and just be with them. It’s strange because I feel at peace that TLC is where God wants me. I love it and am so incredibly blessed to be taking care of these beautiful children. I still long, though, for those who are most dear to my heart. So this blog is for all of you, my family.




To my big brothers- Daniel, Gordon, and Wesley. I don’t often express to you, but I am so grateful to have such wonderful men to look up to as protectors. It has been such a blessing to get closer to you now as we are older, and to be able to talk with you and ask for advice. You always treat me right and because of that I have learned to never accept anything less from a guy. Thank you for being there for me, for watching out for me, for caring about me. I love you.

To my tall little sister. You amaze me Maresa. Your strength is such an inspiration to me. The way that you fight for joy and the compassion that you have for those struggling. I love laying on your bedroom floor and talking to you, or being woken up by you at 5 in the morning because you have to tell me news about Phillip. Hearing from you about the things that God teaches you is such an encouragement to me to keep on learning, to keep on growing. You are such a beautiful person, and I could never thank God enough for letting us be sisters.

To my Isaac. Where to even begin? You know I love you right? You know I miss you so much here. I might not always be good at showing you, but I love having you around. I love that you hang out with me and my friends, and that I can talk to you about anything and everything. I like riding in my car with you and letting you DJ the music. I love getting hugs from you, even when I’m grumpy. I love doing ministry with you, and I love that God teaches us and grows us together.




To my little sisters- Jasmine, Susan, and Amirah. There is a special place in my heart for you, and I think of you everyday. I love being with you. I know that I am often busy and seem to be gone a lot, but really if there is one place I’d love to be- it would be sitting on the couch with you three and reading together or just talking and laughing. I love you so much. I hate to be missing such a big part of your growing up- 6 whole months. But I know that God is taking care of you and growing you into the beautiful girls that He has created you to be. I cannot wait to see you again.




To my parents. Coming here and loving these kids has given me just a small taste of the love that you have for all of us. I am amazed at the self-sacrificial love that you’ve poured out through all these years. And still more encouraged that it is the love of Christ working through you, that has made such a difference in our family and in my life. Dad- thank you for being the provider and the protector, and relying on God for all your strength and sanity. Mom- thank you for being my best friend. I love you.

I love you all so much. I know that I say it a lot, but I can never say it enough. I am so thankful to have you in my life and I praise God for giving me such a wonderful family. You all are my strength, the means that God uses to equip me for serving Him in other places. You have taught me how to live, rejoice, and love well.

No comments:

Post a Comment