Friday, March 25, 2011

Filled to overflowing

By Mary

Life follows the same pattern, with little change from day to day, just work and play, serve and relax. And God is here, every day. My constant companion, the giver of every good gift [for from Him and through Him and to Him are all things]

Spring has come, so early on the east coast. Pear trees blooming white and full and potent and daffodils showing their sunshiney faces. They speak to my wandering heart, a reminder of my Father's faithfulness and the truth of His promises [He makes everything beautiful in its time]

Each morning I wake up and realize Alanna is one day closer to being home-and one day closer to saying goodbye to the most precious little heart-thieves I've ever known [even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief] And even while I wonder why it has to be this way, my sore heart grows more confident in God's plans for each of those I love so dearly [leave they fatherless children, I will preserve them alive] He does all things according to His plans...to prosper, not to harm, for the glory of His name [Come, let us return to the Lord; for He has torn but He will heal us; He has stricken but He will bind us up]

Me heart is filled with prayers and wishes, love and tears and missing people. But most of all it's filled to overflowing with the daily goodness of my Lord, new every morning [now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen]

No comments:

Post a Comment