Wednesday, August 3, 2011

life is too busy

by Alanna

Only because it's been so long since I posted, I'll write a quick update on my life for now. I have been crazy busy the last month, and also had lots of time to think on long, long car trips through 8 states. I have thought of multiple things I'd like to blog about- my sister's wedding, the way my family looks out for each other, the ache in my heart for my son far away, getting a new job and signing a year long i-promise-to-stay-in-america contract, beautiful reunions with dear friends. The list could go on. One month ago my little sister got married, and then just two weeks ago we moved her and her husband down to Texas. Home for a day, and then I drove up to Minnesota for my dear friend's wedding. Met my Australian friend there, and drove back down to Denver with her and the cousin to have more fun times. We went to the mountains on Monday, downtown on Tuesday night, and today I officially started work. I do plan to write (soon) about this new path that God has pointed me down. But for now I just have time for a quick Andrew Murray quote. Ironically, in all this insanity, I have been reading a book called 'Waiting on God'. It has been quenching, convicting. I want to be better at this.

In waiting on God, it is of infinite consequence that we not only submit, because we are compelled to, but because we lovingly and joyfully consent to be in the hands of our blessed Father. Patience then becomes our highest blessedness and our highest grace. It honors God, and gives Him time to have His way with us. It is the highest expression of our faith in His goodness and faithfulness. It brings the soul perfect rest in the assurance that God is carrying on His work. It is the token of our full consent that God should deal with us in such a way and time as He thinks best. True patience is the losing of our self-will in His perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment