Saturday, October 15, 2011

a time to treasure

by Alanna

after 5 springs in a row
i get to see my first fall
and in Colorado too
it is unbelievabely beautiful
sometimes I am honestly bowed down in thankfulness and awe
that we get to live in such a beautiful world
[thank you Jesus]

i have received hopeful news
at last
from the other side of the world
and concerning the son of my heart
not conclusive news
no guarantees
just a small bit of hope

it excites me and it terrifies me
because i think i've come to realize
how little control i have over things, really
my life could turn upside down
or it could stay much the same
the important thing is that Someone is in control
He will take me where He wills
and do what He wants
and today i am okay with that
because He is utterly trustworthy
proven again and again
His love never fails

in the meantime
i am finally, slowly learning
thankfulness here
sitting with my family near the fire
riding bikes through crunchy leaves with little sisters
laughing with the twins i'm priviledged to nanny
kissing amirah goodnight
talks with my parents
the bookstore with my brother
[if i had no more time
no more time left to be here
would we cherish what we had]

sometimes i can be so impatient
to get back to africa
and i forget that that is what I feel called to
for life
so why not treasure what i have here
while i still have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment