Wednesday, August 29, 2012

making the most of every opportunity

ByMary

 Don't take things for granted.

I've had so many reminders of that so far this year. This life, full of gifts, none of it's earned or deserved. And you don't know when any of it will be gone.

I want to treasure, not hoard...people, moments, beauty.

Being with Alanna around kids always reminds me to enjoy them and live up every little moment because that's what she does. And that's what I want to do with Gianna. I don't want to just keep her healthy and out of trouble. I don't want to just make it through the tough moments.

It's so easy to let the time go by, unnoticed, unused. And that's when I notice life beginning to feel a little purposeless and empty.

I don't want to just have a husband, have a kid, have parents and friends and beauty and opportunity all around. I want to be thoughtful, loving, teachable, compassionate, encouraging,

God has richly given...I want to make the most of every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment