Wednesday, September 4, 2013

answered prayers

By Mary

Sometimes I struggle with the concept of asking for specific things in prayer. I can definitely understand talking to God, or asking for His will to be done in specific situations. But to ask for my personal desires, believing He'll answer...it's hard for me sometimes. I wonder if He doesn't grant my prayers because I'm actually lacking faith I thought I had when I asked. And I don't have it all figured out or anything but I realize more and more that this usually happens when I don't have much of a relationship with Him in general and I'm treating Him more like a genie in a bottle.

This month I've been realizing so many prayers He's granted that I've just ignored really, taken for granted. So many little prayers with my daughter, like a quick and easy delivery, a healthy baby...and then even right down to her curly hair and blue eyes!

I have a whole list of thankfulness for prayers answered...immediate answers like strength for the day, and long asked for prayers like the adoption of two precious little ones I've waited for years to come to be.

Right now my heart utters praise and gratitude instead of questions and doubts. And it's one of my prayers that I learn the discipline to remain this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment