Thursday, May 21, 2015

happy birthday



by Alanna
May 20th, 2015
 
Dear little one,

I don’t miss you these days, 
in the sense that I wish you were here with me.
I know that God put you where you are 
and I’m so sure that His plan was best. 
I still ache to see you
to watch you grow 
to catch a glimpse of the things God is doing 
now in your life. 
I still ache with mommy love and prayers for you. 
My daughter lays her head on my shoulder now
and another life grows inside my tummy. 
And I’m glad that God grows love this way
that He gives beauty for ashes. 
He puts the lonely into families
He makes the barren women rejoice. 
But I know who opened my heart to love like this.  
It was you. 
You will always have my heart dear one.   
You are turning 6 today.   
Not a baby anymore, not even a toddler, 
but a growing little boy.   
I hope this birthday is extra special for you.  
I pray that it’s the one where the eyes of your heart start to open- 
to the One who gave you life.  
To the One who loves you 
more than any mommy ever could.    
I hope you know, today, how loved you are.  
Happy Birthday

with all my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment