Wednesday, October 18, 2017

God with us

by Alanna

His name is Emmanuel. My third little boy. 


Being pregnant with him was hard for me, emotionally dark.
I wondered sometimes if God knew what He was doing.
Carrying a third baby before my 1st one's second birthday.
So many people don't agree with the "hands-off" approach to this family thing.
I struggled with trusting God with this one.


But then he came.

We named him Emmanuel.
I can't explain in words the joy this little boy is to me.
It is not just that he is one of the easiest babies I have ever cared for.
He is happy.


He brings light and laughter to our whole family.
He loves to play by himself.
Loves to be held and get attention.
Loves his brother and sister.
Loves to eat and sleep at night.
Love to get himself into positions he can't get out of.



He is such a gift to me.


And I am blown away by God's mercy.

Because I could have had a difficult baby as my third.
And I'm sure this one will bring his own challenges.
But for now, I am just rejoicing in God's goodness
in blessing us with this little baby.
His ways are so much better than ours.
His goodness so far beyond our comprehension.
He is always worthy of our trust.
And worthy of our praise.
So tonight I'm praising him for Emmanuel.
God is indeed with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment