Sunday, March 12, 2023

your hurt and God's glory part 2

 by Alanna

God help. Bring safety. Bring belief. Bring freedom. Bring provision. Bring shalom. My faith is so small and the darkness feels so big.

When the servant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was all around the city. And the servant said, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" He said, "Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, please open his eyes that he may see." So the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

I think I've been seeing myself as a necessary medium between God and those I love. If I don't remind Him maybe He will forget. If I don't worry and strategize and plan and wear myself out than maybe nothing will change. But no. Jesus stands at God's right hand interceding for me. He knows. He sees. He has not forgotten and I truly believe in the depths of my being that He has a plan and that it is good. 

The reminder I held on to from today was that we need to look not so much at the overwhelming needs as at God's absolutely glory and ability. His glory fills us. We have all we need. He already knows that we are broken and weak tools and He is not surprised at my inability to save anyone. He is the Savior. He is the rescuer. The redeemer. The protector. The champion. The provider.

I know all these things but tonight my faith feels so small. LORD. I am yours. Help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment