Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Christmastime

And it’s been a bit more hectic than usual this past week. Last Tuesday night I spent in the hospital, my month-early contractions being monitored for a good fifteen hours before the doctors decided I wasn’t progressing quickly enough to stay. And here we are, a whole week later, seemingly no closer than before. I’m trying to enjoy the opportunity to rest more and get a few more things done before we have little baby girl in the mix of it all.

Our tree is standing tall in front of the balcony window, showing off its colorful ornaments and soft-shining lights. And underneath there’s a pile of presents that already seems a bit large for only two people.

Everywhere I go there’s a Christmas song playing in the background or a wreath making a door so much more inviting.

I’ve had my first Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshake from Chik-Fil-A and a steamy hot drink out of a little red and white paper cup (I really am a sucker for holiday packaging—and throw peppermint in the title and I’m sure to think it’s good)

There are a million little things I love that say “Christmas” to my heart, sweet little nothings that matter so little and mean so much. I’m thankful for the blessing of each one.

And then there’s this-
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Though you are little among the thousands of Judah,
Yet out of you shall come forth to Me
The One to be Ruler in Israel,
Whose goings forth are from of old,
From everlasting.”


Incredible, wondrous love. And I’m gifted with celebrating year after year this promise fulfilled, the Hope and Light of the world. And like little Bethlehem, though I’m just one of many, still He made me His.

Our Father truly does give such good gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment