Tuesday, January 31, 2012

These days I'm hanging out in a hotel room with my six week old baby and my puppy (though it's been pointed out to me that, at over a year old, she's not really a puppy anymore)

Our little family of four drove the three and half hours down to Norfolk VA where my husband has to attend a two week course for his job.

I thought I'd have tons of time to do anything I'd like but little baby Gianna--


suddenly decided she wants to eat every couple of hours which tends to limit the time I have for other things. So I've been keeping busy even without the books and other things I had planned to prevent boredom.

Life has been beautifully hard these last weeks. Being a mom has been more challenging than I exected. The few differences between having my own daughter and caring for my babies at TLC have been enough to drive me crazy at times. She's the best thing.

It's been a month of adjustments, homesickness, bad news, loss...and in it all God has faithfully spoken the truth of these verses into my heart--

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too."


Despite my own faithlessness, my doubts and the aching in my heart, in the end God never changes. In everything He remains the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment