Sunday, April 7, 2013

missing with expectation

by Alanna

  My fiancee flew away again, to finish his last term at school. Call me crazy but it's been a long week so far without him. I do miss him everyday. I'm counting down the days til I see him again, and the weeks until we get to be married. It's something new to me- this missing with a fairly sure certainty that I'll see him again. For a long time I missed my son with so much unknown. The goodbyes I said on that continent were full of uncertainty, and I had no foreseeable future with my little one other than a blind hope, and trust in a good God. So now, as God brings me into a new chapter of the story, I'm thankful for weeks to count, thankful for a sure date printed on a wedding invitation, thankful that I don't have to wonder if that goodbye was our last. In this world there are no guarantees, so I pray that every time I speak to him it ends in love. But still, this is definitely a different kind of ache in my heart. One that is mixed with much expectation.  
   I'm thankful that as we wait for the return of our Savior, we wait with a sure hope. There's a bigger ache because this world is not our home, but there is a guarantee and a certainty that He is coming back for us. And for that I am most thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment