Monday, May 20, 2013

miracle years

by Alanna

Dear little one,
today is your birthday.
this year my hopes for you were more than wishes
because i am certain that you are being loved
and that your birthday was celebrated
and that you were tucked in to sleep by loving hands.
on your half of the world, by now you will be sleeping.
on my half of the world, it's raining cold
and my heart hurts 
because it still longs to be with you
i dumped coins into a machine at the bank
took notes on teaching techniques as i prepare to move far away from here
and all the while i wondered 
what am i doing so far away from you?
i wanted to be with you today, like every day before
but most of all i want you to know that
you are treasured and dearly loved.
this day marks the miracle of 4 years of your life. 
God has done good things in all of them.
today my heart aches for you, but I am thankful
for the precious gift you are
happy birthday little one
i love you with all my heart
always

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry
    and grateful
    for your hurting heart.
    I was also thinking on Monday of things for which I am thankful about your little one. Is it true of every son that God is so incredibly active in his life, if only our eyes are so prayerfully open to it?

    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete