Tuesday, August 20, 2013

in the desert

By Mary

Its been difficult for me to blog lately...partially because the single mom roll was a little more stressful and wearing than I thought it would be, partially because I've been more tired and low energy lately, but mostly just because its been hard to put my thoughts into words.

I've had a spiritual dry spell for months, I think. I can't give it a time frame because it felt so comfortable for so long. Being lukewarm takes little effort...but it really is so draining, so empty and joyless. God has been on the very outskirts of my consciousness with so many petty things competing for my time and heart.

I think it's simple to fall into this kind of lifestyle. It doesn't take anything dramatic and it doesn't even take a long time. It just takes a little shift of focus from God as number one to...anything else as first. It's easy to lose love when you're not cultivating it. It's natural to lose good habits when you stop exercising them.

But right now, I'm so excited for life. I've got my husband back from all his training for at least the next few months and it seems like we're both in this spiritual rebuilding stage and it's so good. And hopeful. God is as present with me in the desert as when He leads me to the well-watered pastures.

No comments:

Post a Comment