Saturday, December 7, 2013

pictures

by Alanna

We've hardly taken any pictures here in Honduras. None of the school, none of Catacamas or the kids we're teaching.  I took just a few last week (we were in Tegucigalpa for Thanksgiving), so I decided to upload them here. I'm hoping to do better in the future with picture taking, but we'll see.

No deep freezers here. The Honduras version of an "extra large freezer", at our hotel in Tegucigalpa. 
(Bigger than the one in our apartment.)


We visited Valle de Angeles, a touristy sort of place in Tegucigalpa, 
and found this book exchanging post!




They use these taxis in some places in Honduras. Called 'motos'.
 Here in Catacamas we use regular white taxis, but I took a picture of this moto because I think it is so cute. Someday I hope we'll ride in one.



My husband walking in Valle de Angeles.

Both of us in Valle de Angeles.

Sometimes our water from the taps in Catacamas looks like this.
(And no, that's not Fanta. And yes, it's just straight water into a clean bottle).


My husband loves to make crepes, and to bless people with them.
Sometimes he makes crepes and plays guitar at the same time.


He's also very creative. Made a chess set out of a pizza box, a file organizer for me out of cardboard, a new drawer handle from a camera strap. These shapes from crepes.


Anyway, enough pictures of our uneventful life here in Honduras. 
Here's the last one, of us together outside of our apartment in Catacamas.




1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Guitar and crepes at the same time!

    Thanks for the pictures. I miss you, you know?

    ~ Lisse

    ReplyDelete