Sunday, March 29, 2020

the truth

by Alanna

Minnesota is where we live.

It's cloudy and cold here but the sun still keeps us alive.

And some days are sunny.

Everything is a brilliant green in the summer.

God gave us our house right where He wanted it to be.

Hurting people live all around us.

We have the hope of Jesus in us.

We can offer it to them.

I have an incredible husband.

His love for me amazes me every day. 

I have four beautiful children.

I will never get over the depth I find in their eyes. 

An artistic, compassionate daughter who is a leader.

Who cries for the hurting and the lost.

Who loves to care for others.

With a tender conscience.

Who wants to believe in Jesus but isn't quite sure yet.

A strong willed, smart, scientific, and athletic son.

Who at four still loves to curl up on the rocking chair with me.

Who is nearly always willing to share and welcome others in.

Who loves to learn all things, but especially numbers. 

Another son who has always been the one to spread joy to all.

Who loves to pretend to be a puppy.

Who is always seeking and giving affection to me.

Who feels music in his bones and his soul the way his papa does.

And my littlest boy who is pure delight.

Who is literary and never tires of book reading.

Who learns so quickly and talks so much.

Who quickly learns to love and welcome each new person in his life.

And one precious child of my heart who lives across the ocean.

Whom God has so miraculously kept and grown.

My children are lost too.

I can share Jesus with them.

Every day I have the chance to love.

I get to make our house a beautiful place.

We get to be hospitable.

I get to love on my own littles.

My brother lives with us.

And he is a blessing words can't express.

I have friends here.

And friends far away.

I have parents who love Jesus.

I get to love my husband every day.

Investing in marriage matters.

Investing in my children matters.

Investing in this neighborhood matters.

Investing in our church plant matters.

Investing in North Minneapolis matters.

Investing in friends matters.

I am blessed beyond measure.

God is here.

And there's nowhere better to be than where He is.

He is trustworthy.

And worthy of praise.

Even today.



No comments:

Post a Comment