Friday, September 24, 2010

a bit of home

By Mary

This has been quite the busy week. Second college class, third night of Awana, two month wedding anniversary and three days full of spending time with my newly brother and sister-in-law.

You'd think I'd know it by now, but God has a pretty great sense of timing. The moving in is over. The newness is wearing off. And it's getting to that point where I don't really have an answer for people when they ask what I've been up to all day. It only takes so long to straighten up a one bedroom apartment and cook dinner. And of course some people don't understand the fact that reading for several hours a day is actually quite enjoyable for me.

But I'm quite ready to forgive the interruption to my reading that has come along with my brother and sister moving into town.

They're a bit of the home life, that home-feel. It reminds me of last year in South Africa-possibly because Alanna is heading back so soon, or maybe just due to the fact that it's never far from my mind.

Some days were just lonely. And the best moment on those days was when someone brought the mail...and there happened to be something for you. A little piece of paper that connects you with the comfortable and the familiar, the known and the loved.

And even though this place is slowly becoming home in a way, it's a breath of fresh air to have a little bit of home this week.

1 comment:

  1. I got a nice bit of mail today. From my friend Mary. It was nice.

    To God be all glory,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete