Sunday, September 26, 2010

sent out with God's gifts

by Alanna

This morning in church, I was greeted by a couple who gave me data cds full of good music. They had burned them for me after they heard what kind of music I liked- something to encourage me on my trip. In addition to the cds, they'd also given my mom a book of african stories to read to the kids there. Next a lady in my church gifted me with a songbook- all the Cornerstone worship songs- complete with my name printed on the front! Then my pastor gave me the curriculum that he'd bought, with the money of willing others in the church. He prayed for me before he preached, and for the first time I felt equipped by a church. I feel sent out. It is such a motivator to me- to share the gospel in South Africa, to pour God's love into the lives of everyone there. When people have things invested in you, it makes you feel the burden and the joy that much more.

God also has gifted me- with an amazing and supportive family who loves the Lord. Last night I got to sit and look at photo albums with my three youngest sisters. It's blessings like them that make leaving so incredibly painful. But tonight, after facing more goodbyes, I was greeted by several emails by some fellow believers. God knew I needed encouragement this night, and he provided. When God calls, He will equip and enable and send out- with gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I am incredibly blessed to have you a part of my life. I'm excited for the songbook. And I made Kaila promise to tell me about every miracle. You must too, you know?

    I promise to do the same.
    To God be all glory,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete