Tuesday, June 7, 2011

moving

By Mary

The past couple of weeks have been busy getting everything in order for my third move in the past year. I'm thankful that everything finally seems to be falling into place--and extremely thankful that when the government sends you somewhere, you can also arrange to have them move you. So this move involves minimum packing on my part (thank the Lord)

By the end of the month we'll be in Maryland (which I've always said I should visit since my name is in the title)

We'll be trying out hotel living for the first couple weeks before our apartment is ready and we can move all our stuff in. I'm not looking forward to that part very much...and the whole process has been frustrating to me, not being my favorite thing to arrange in the first place, and having to deal with five different changes in schedule and plans.

I was outside with Allie the other day, thinking about not being able to visit home this month after all, about giving up our large, though still rather grassless backyard, about church hunting and renting out our house. And I thought too, of lessons I could learn if I would cultivate a heart for learning them. Like contentment in every situation. Being still while life swirls around and knowing that He is God. Knowing Him as my Strong Tower and my Rock, always with me. No matter who else I can or cannot be around at the time.

He gives grace for every moment...and of course I'm also thankful for certain things like real airports, wholesale grocery stores and fabric shops that don't require hours of driving to get to them. Oh the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment