Monday, February 25, 2013

trusting my man

by Alanna

   Let me just say that I don't recommend long-distance relationships, or long engagements. (Although it's helpful to have the first if you must have the second). My heart is more and more with my fiance. I'm impressed with the ways God is working in and through his life, and I can't help smiling because I feel incredibly blessed that God may let me be his help-meet someday. He is bold to speak the truth, to me and to others. And he is also kind and soft-spoken. And those two things combined in him, give me much to thank God for.
    We have some big decisions to make, about what to do after marriage. Currently, we're deciding between Minnesota and Honduras. (The sun factor makes this sound like a no-brainer). I've been praying about it, and thinking, although not as much as my man. The thing I'm realizing is that I really believe that God wants me to marry him. And I also really trust that God put him into the position of leadership, and that whatever decision he makes will be the right one. Not that I believe that he is perfect, but just that I feel secure in trusting whatever decision he makes. This makes me happy, especially because sometimes I find submission to be immensely difficult (of course it's only hard when you don't agree). I'm glad tonight, because God gave me a man I can respect, and He gave me this trust that He is sovereign over marriage. I pray that He gives me the grace to love well, and gives us wisdom to follow Him together.

No comments:

Post a Comment