Friday, July 19, 2013

beautiful life

By Mary

I keep thinking about this blog and thinking I should probably try to contribute to it occasionally, wondering what I should write.

Things are happening fast, lots of traveling and weird schedules and different distractions. I don't have as much time to just sit and think or write. But all these things make for a beautiful life. And maybe even a life worth writing about, a little bit?

Exactly one month ago I braved the four hour flight to Colorado with my 18 month old for Alanna's wedding. It wasn't a complete disaster and I survived obviously--and besides that, the wedding was so well worth it. I've definitely never seen Alanna happier, or a couple more clearly in love and brought together through God's good plans. And I had a whole week to spend at home, with grandparents to watch (and spoil) my little baby girl any old time. I felt like a kid again, having my mom doing the cooking and being able to leave Gianna whenever it worked better not to take her out with me. She sure loved time with her grandma and grandpa. I think I was the one missing her while I was gone, not the other way around.

About a week after we came home to Maryland, I had a reunion with my man who's spending two months this summer in North Carolina for Marine Corps training. It was so wonderful to have our little family all back together. I think this time apart has really made me appreciate even more what we have.

After celebrating Independence Day with our friends in MD we took a little 6 hour drive down to my brother's house in North Carolina where I've been staying the last two weeks with the baby girl. Nick comes to see us on the weekends and we get together for a little family date once during the week since he's still a bit of a drive away from here.

My niece is turning two this week--just five months older than Gianna. In a blink of an eye we'll have a two year old of our own. Our three year wedding anniversary is the same day as our niece's birthday--I'm so thankful for the things God has done in our marriage, the blessings He's given, the ways He's grown us.

And speaking of blessings, while I was back home I made a little discovery--and I'm happy to report that our family of three will be a family of four near the end of January in 2014. All the beautiful gifts keep coming =)


No comments:

Post a Comment