Saturday, November 30, 2013

marriage

by Alanna

5 months and 5 days ago I got married to this wonderful man. I never blogged much about our wedding, or about marriage since. I hope that God is glorified through whatever little testimony I write here now about our first five months of wedded life.

Our wedding was a joy! Friends and family blessed us by helping and rejoicing with us. We had a potluck wedding celebration with dancing and even a swing lesson given by my dear cousin. Cliche or not, it was the happiest day of my life so far. I'm not sure how this man found me, although I credit it to God's good planning. He gives such good things to His children.



I always hoped that after we got married, we would be a picture of Christ and His church. The church trusting, submitting, serving. Christ loving, laying down His life. I prayed about being a submissive wife, prayed to trust Yonas no matter where God led Him. What I never guessed was how much, within our marriage, I myself would be shown a picture of Christ's love for us. Frail little me, crying for a boy I left in Africa, held up by these strong arms. Clumsy me, breaking all 3 of our glasses here in our first month, treated with patience and kindness. I've focused too much on myself all my life, making me question the love of anybody else. Now, when I run circles in my mind trying to untangle lies, this man reminds me not to think too hard. He makes me laugh, he lets me cry, he teases me unmercifully and I like it. When I'm overwhelmed at school, he comes to help bear my burdens- rewriting all my grades, singing songs with my 1st graders.  He is to me a tangible demonstration of Christ's love toward us. He is not perfect, and neither is our marriage. We are all broken people here, battling sin in us. But these days I rejoice, because God is such a good Father, and He gave me this man to love me with His love. I'm such a blessed girl. And this grace, so undeserved, poured out to us all every day, it makes me sing praises to the King =)



No comments:

Post a Comment