Monday, November 15, 2010

Our Faithful Father

by Alanna

On Friday night we got the news, unexpectedly, that Siyabonga will be going back to live with his dad on Sunday. It was such a shock to me and I did nothing but cry initially. Now that I've had time to think, I have so many questions. I wonder if Siya will be safe, if his dad truly loves him, if he will come to know the Lord. I can no longer influence his little life by telling him about his Creator. He is going to be gone and I will never see him or hear anything about him again. The thought of it breaks my heart, and it hurts. There's another part of me also, the part that likes to feel like I am in control. That part of me feels so utterly lost. I was never in control in the first place though. Siyabonga has always belonged to God. Through the past fifteen months that I've known and prayed for him, he has never been mine. His future has always been in God's hands, and even though I'll never see what that looks like, God knows. My Father, full of lovingkindness and compassion, sees Siyabonga and loves him more than I ever could. My Father, who is so infinitely faithful, will pursue Siya even now. I pray that He pursues him with His love until Siya relents and falls into the arms of his heavenly Father-the One who will never let him go.

2 comments:

  1. Siyabonga has been on my heart a lot over the weekend, and I have prayed for him a lot, not even knowing this news. I always marvel anew that Yahweh directs my prayers from far away, and so there is a connection even when I don't "know" things.

    To God be all glory,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's encouraging Lisa =)
    It's so comforting to know that God is in it all and has just as much power and control as He did before Siya left TLC.

    ReplyDelete