Tuesday, November 2, 2010

White as Snow


By Beth

Driving to work today, I looked up. For days clouds billowed in the west and hid, as under a veil, everything in that direction. But today, as I looked up, there was revealed the clearest range of snow-capped mountains. Cool, crisp, pure perfection.

"God," I said, "What purity! Lord what beauty..."

And ever so gently He said, "This is how I have cleansed you. Whiter than snow. Purity, perfection."

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

He sees me spotless because He has washed me with His blood. He sees me spotless because He that was spotless has exchanged His white robes for my filthiness.

How can I not thus conclude that that Lord is good?

"Come now, let us reason together, saith the Lord. Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."-Isaiah 1:18



[the above was shared by our dear friend, to help keep us connected to the home life in Colorado while we're both many miles away]

No comments:

Post a Comment