Tuesday, May 17, 2011

all about life

By Mary

I have little motivation to write these days. My mind is busy thinking about accomplishing, more than about sharing its thoughts. I've been slow with emails, bad with letters and even preoccupied in person. And I guess now is as good a time as any to write all about my life.

I'm beginning to go through lasts when I still feel like I have so many firsts to experience. Our time in North Carolina went quicker than I imagined--and by that I mean a job offer in Maryland became an order which requires a move in three weeks. We'll be giving up small town life for the city again which in my mind has huge benefits and only a few drawbacks, though if we could find a place to live before we move, I'd feel much better.

We had our last night of Awana (our last one ever here) I cooked my last meal for the Senior Saints group at little Community Baptist church (successful, apart from the disastrous lemon meringue pie incident) and the days our ticking down as our last in our new house.

I've had plenty of firsts with the paperwork for things like renting out our house and setting up a government move. I had my first Mothers Day that I couldn't be with my mom...and also my first Mothers Day as a mommy myself. The newest thing in Parises will be debuting in January. So now there's the firsts of doctors appointments.

And today I gave Allie the first successful bath I've managed by myself and of which I'm quite proud.

My sister-in-law and I spent a couple days painting their house this week--including their nursery. The church out here has a full of pastor appreciation, with a big kick-off this Sunday. The ladies of the church provide meals for the week for the pastors' families and I'm trying hard not to forget that I'm making something next Tuesday.

Today is another day full of looking for rentals, cleaning and cooking and missing good friends.

This morning I shared a prayer request with Alanna, that I would depend on God and turn to Him not only when I'm broken or needing something from Him. And I this afternoon God gave me a little reminder to do just that http://littlepinkhouse.net/2011/05/deep-breath/

He is good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary, I like how you called it the disasterous lemon meringue pic incident---it sounds like a chapter in a Sherlock Holmes book.
    I like how you mentioned your first Mother's Day where you couldn't me with me AND your first mother's day blessed by child of your own growing in your womb.
    Thanks for the reminder of how firsts and lasts go together in life. Love mom

    ReplyDelete