Tuesday, January 8, 2013

romance of the Savior

By Mary

This Christmas really brought God's tender, personal love for us to forefront of my mind. It blows my mind when I really stop to think on it...His beautiful plans, His sacrifices, His faithful, constant pursuit.

This happens with my husband too--I overlook little gestures of his love, I take things for granted, stop treasuring, lose sight of the big picture because I get caught up in insignificant details of life.

I do the same thing with my God.

I forgot His plans before time began to be in relationship with us and all His works and sacrifices to bring that to be ever since He created the world. I overlook the separation from His Son, my guilt-payment poured on His Child.

I read His words of love every day as a matter of course and forget the magic and enchantment that this love is for me.

It's beautiful. It's everywhere...in Son of God born human baby, in grace and forgiveness and mercy...in snowflakes falling from the sky on Christmas Eve.

His love is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment