Thursday, October 28, 2010

growing pains

By Mary

When I was little there was a period of time when I kept waking up in the middle of the night because my muscles were so achy. And I couldn't understand why. My mom told me it was because I was growing which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why did growing have to hurt? She spent so many hours holding me late at night, sitting in her rocking chair rocking me back and forth till I could sleep again.

The ladies Bible study at church is going through a study on the life of David by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore and Kay Arthur. And during the discussion last week I was reminded of those nights.

Spiritual growth isn't easy. It costs something. It can be painful. There will always be opposition and things getting in the way. Transformation doesn't come in two simple steps.

But it's worth it. The blessing and the trials, the highs and the lows, they all work together in God's glorious plan to form one more feature of our lives into one that reflects Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment