Thursday, October 21, 2010

hope

By Alanna

“And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us” (Romans 5:3-5)


Last night at bible study we read these verses, and talked some about hope. How good character brings about hope, because hoping is such a hard thing to do sometimes. How our hope should be grounded in the love of God- and thus it will never be disappointed. I want so badly to really hope for things- that amendment 62 will pass; that these children here will be adopted; that God will save the unbelievers here; that He will do radical things. Although I don’t allow myself to say it, I often view some situations as “hopeless.” Oh how God has proved me ridiculous this past week. Emma getting adopted, Faye soon leaving also. Our God is not a god of hopelessness, but the One whom I desire to earnestly hope in- without doubting. I want my prayers and hence my actions to be characterized by hope. Our God is indeed worthy of it.


“Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:18-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment